Wednesday 26 December 2012

Blessed or not?

After going to the Chen Su Lan Methodist Children's Home, my eyes really opened so much more.
It's so many times more real when you go to the place itself and get to know how they operate, instead of knowing the name of that charity organization that your fund raising is going to benefit.

Firstly, I had no idea they have a time table even at the home. That's like going to a second school after school. Times are allocated specifically for studying and playing ._. Despite how tiresome it sounds, its cause they need to maintain order, know where everyone are and prevent any bgr accidents on site as much as they can ^^

Secondly, they cannot access Facebook in the home and their phones are kept away unless they go out ._. //dies

That aside, the home is a place where they can have their own privacy and space, a suitable environment to study and grow in a Christian environment! They have good food and are given all their necessities, plus, get to choose a present of theirs choice for Xmas within a certain budget! ^^

I found myself to be truly blessed, with the amount of freedom I have in time usage and purchasing power (just spent 46 bucks ytd and almost 20 today urgh). I also get easy access to high tech equipment and have more than I need.

I felt like they deserved more than a small computer lab of 12 computers and such.

But then again, these extra stuff are just luxuries. So maybe they're not really lacking. But we just have too much. :P

Well anyways, conclusion for me? I wouldn't want to stay there. No thanks. They have 86 children and youths to care for and cram in. I enjoy life now with my loving and capable family, fun friends and all the blessings I've received. I just need to give more than whatever I'm giving now.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment