Monday 26 November 2012

♥ Animals ♥

Guess what!!
We got to do Chicken handling today during our Animal Welfare, Behaviour and Handling laboratory period XD

Well, I've got to say..
Chickens do give off quite a stench..
But they're so cute :'D
We learnt and practiced grasping/capturing them with our two hands, before restraining them.
I even carried one of it like a baby AND IT STAYED CALM :'D

Oh but their piles of excrement is oh-so-gross HAHAHA XD
Too bad we aren't allowed to take photos in Animal Lab!
It's to prevent those extreme animal lovers from taking our photos out of context and getting us into trouble of "ill treating" animals ._.

For example, we could be trying out a rat restraining equipment whereby the tail is left hanging outside for the drawing of blood, while the rat is sitting inside a space tight enough so it won't move and twist suddenly which will complicate the drawing of blood.

Then maybe a photo is taken and someone shares it to the public as "ANIMAL ABUSE! RATS KEPT IN TIGHT BOUNDARIES WITHOUT THE RIGHT TO MOVE FREELY! BAN ANIMAL TESTING!" or something silly, you get my point HAHAHA XD

So yeah, I think I enjoy handling birds more than other creatures..?
I mean, I love dogs and fluffy animals or tortoises and fish as pets, but in terms of work, I guess handling birds doesn't give me as much pressure..?


And my class is the first class to draw chicken blood!! Though I didn't try heh heh ^^

But my heart didn't feel as sick as when I thought of drawing the blood of mice and rats..
Maybe cause I could actually properly see the blood vessel of the chicken, unlike the mice and rats >.<

So yeah, join Ngee Ann Polytechnic's Veterinary Bioscience Course[VBS] under The School of Life Science and Chemical Technology[LSCT]!! <3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment