Wednesday 9 January 2013

ReadReadRead - "Isolation" by Lonely Islander

Isabelle just had a read on Lonely Islander's poem - Isolation~
Well yeah it's a simple title, easy enough for anyone to know what the poem is about.

I enjoyed reading it because all the words in each stanza were so relatable (except the last one, for now) and I personally love reading works that pour out my heart's thoughts that I myself can't pen down. (':

Second Stanza:


I have build up walls around my tiny self
Barriers to prevent anyone get close to me
The walls prevent sunlight and the fresh air
From reaching my invisible figure
They prevent the tweets of the early morning birds
From reaching my ears
They prevent the beauty outside
From reaching my vacant eyes
And they prevent all the love in this world 
From reaching my lonely heart.


Forth Stanza:

Sometimes I wonder 
'If I die of an unknown cause and they cut me open
Will their eyes pop out to see the blackness inside of me
I laugh at myself
Because I am the only one responsible for this
When they cut me open, will they know that?
 
 
Fifth Stanza(Last):


 
But no, not anymore
Because today  I will change
I am standing with dynamites in my cold hands
To bring these walls down
To break free and walk in the sun again
To feel the soft grass beneath my feet
And hear the sounds of this beautiful world
To scream and shout and live my life again
I will be alive again
I will learn to feel again
I will be myself again.

Unable to relate to the last stanza, for now. I will someday, I'm sure.
With God's guidance and my efforts. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment