Wednesday 27 June 2012

Chapter 1:

"People change.

Why. Why do people change?
Why. Why must people change?

I don't want to change.
I really don't.
But what can I do?
After all these that I've been through?
Might not seem like a lot to others, but it is to me.
Now it has affected my personality."


Mom: Aiko. Since 8pm, I told you that you've used enough computer, now what time is it??

Ai: Ya ya.. Near 9..?

Mom: And I told you to at least have ONE hour of revision right?? Now it's near 9pm so when are you planning to do revision??

Ai: -stays silent and suddenly remembers to print worksheets for class-

Mom: - Sits at dining table -

Ai: *shuckks.. I'm screwed..*

Mom: Do you want me to cut off all your wi-fi??

Ai: -Turns to look at Mom-
Thoughts- *Urhh I have dataplan*
Actions- Shakes head a little.

Mom: THEN?? Are you doing anything to stop yourself??

Ai: -Stares at table- ... Ya...

Mom: Okay. So what are you doing?

Ai: ... Nothing...

Mom: HUH? - Frustrated expression showing Aiko she's further screwed- What do you mean by that?! You said you're doing something but nothing?! So what are you doing?!

Ai: ...

Mom: What happened?! Where did the disciplined Aiko before the entrance exams disappear to?? Huh?!

She died.

Mom: You were so disciplined and studied sufficiently for it! What happened?!

She died.

Mom: You even planned your time and slotted in your studies and times to rest and use your laptop!! So why aren't you like that now??


SHE DIED.
Aiko wanted to spit that simple, short, 2 worded phrase onto her mom's face.

But couldn't.

All she could do was stay silent.
And stare at the table, her mom, or glance at the printing status of her worksheets.

Mom: So what are you going to do??

Ai: Thoughts- * JUST TAKE IT. TAKE MY LAPTOP. KEEP IT SAFE WITH YOU AWAY FROM ME. JUST DON'T DESTROY IT BECAUSE IT WAS A PRESENT. CAN? CAN??*
Actions- .... *silence*

Thankfully, her mom got distracted by other matters and left the table.
The worksheets finished printing and Aiko shut down her laptop.

Aiko's mind felt stuffed and heavy.
She can never talk it straight with anyone.
She grew up holding things in cause she learnt that letting out her true emotions were perfectly useless.
Nothing will change if Aiko continued that young, childish way.
Maybe that's why she changed.

Now, Aiko can never cry with anyone around, about ANY of her personal struggles.

This is how the new life of Aiko unfolds.

-End chapter-

SO HI!! I got inspired by Starlight kun and a few other short stories I saw a long time ago, to start writing stuff like this~
I know it's rubbishy and not good.. I GOT B3 FOR ENGLISH O LEVELS SO DON'T BLAME ME DD:

ya kay bye~! ;D

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment