Thursday 28 June 2012

Chapter 2:

Today is the day!
Aiko was representing the school team in a long awaited and highly regarded competition.

Aiko: I have to maintain my cool.. There's no allowance for bad sportmanship.. No feelings of anger or sadness.. Just focus on the game..

First game started of splendidly! Aiko was giving her best effort and produced results, however, her game started dropping from there.


Aiko: I-It's okay.. I can pick myself up..!

No clue why, no idea how, but she steadily deproved.


Nao[Younger M cousin] &
Akane[Younger F cousin]: -Claps- It's okay Aiko! You're doing well!

Aiko: -Faces Nao- Don't clap unneccessarily.

Both: -Widens eyes- ...

Aiko: *Wh..What's wrong with me.. All this bullcrap..*

The first game that seemed to have potential, ended with a terrible score.
The second game followed suit.

Aiko lost to her opponent twice in a row.

Moreover, he was just over the middle-age range, you could even consider him as an elderly.

In her third game, her last game, she gave up.

She lost all hope.

Every turn was taken lightly.

And as she was being pulled down by her bad sportsmanship and score, Aiko's mind just had to bring him up.

Aiko: -Takes phone to tweet-
          Why..? Of all times.. This feeling's really crap.. Oh my gosh oh my gosh what the
          crap.. 

She tried to hold in the tears that wanted to fall, because of her shit game.

Because of how angry she is towards her bad spirit.

Because of how heartwrenched she felt thinking of him.


Nao: Yay high five! You're getting better!

Aiko: I missed it, what the crap. Stop it, before I box you.

Nao: -Softly- Tchh.. That's a bit too much isn't it..

Aiko: *Gosh why am I letting my mood go downhill.. I told myself I couldn't be like this! What the crap okay just.. what the crap*


Her ability to hold in her tears have improved. Not one drop fell.

"Smile. Laugh. Smile. And laugh somemore!

At how pathetic you are.

At how ugly you are.

At how miserable you are.

At how lonely you are.

At how mean you are.

At how desperate you are.

At how lousy you are.

Laugh. LAUGH!

Ha.. Hahaha.. HAHAHA!"



// Toilet cubicle, after the competition //

Aiko: -Grins.. Giggles, slowly, softly- Ha..Haha.. Ha.. I'm so dumb.. All your sweet-talk.. I knew they weren't real and asked you to stop but you didn't.. Nor did I stop chatting with you cause I wanted to believe those lies.. And now, I'm suffering the consequences from my stupidity.. Haha.. Ha..

Her tears couldn't stop.

Aiko wiped them off, but they would be quickly replaced by more.

"What's all this?

Why am I crying?

Why am I crying.. alone?

Why am I the only one who cares?

Why.. Oh my goodness.. Why, did I let this further affect my game?"


After witnessing certain events that shook her believe in something called "everlasting mutual love", her own personal one had thinned it ever more.

The complicated Aiko.. Who could have been much simpler..

Trudged out to face reality with a plastered smile that seemed to be fixed on her facial muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment